The World’s Largest Public Oil & Gas Companies in 2016 by Forbes. This is so interesting to know that Russian companies are ranked as the first and the second biggest public oil and gas company in 2016.
Forbes’ List of the 25 Biggest Public Oil & Gas Companies
- Gazprom (GAZP, com) – Russia – 8.38 MMBoepd – EV $84.3 billion
- Rosneft (ROSN, com) – Russia – 5.07 MMBoepd – EV $72.5 billion
- ExxonMobil ( XOM, com) – USA – 4.10 MMBoepd – EV $390 billion
- PetroChina ( PTR, com) – China – 4.07 MMBoepd – EV $303 billion
- BP (BP; com) – UK – 3.24 MMBoepd – EV $121 billion
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A – com) – Netherlands – 2.95 MMBoepd – EV $216 billion
- Chevron (CVX; com) – USA – 2.62 MMBoepd – EV $207 billion
- Petrobras (PBR; com) – Brazil – 2.55 MMBoepd – EV $132 billion
- Lukoil (LKOH; com) – Russia – 2.40 MMBoepd – EV $36.2 billion
- Total (TOT; com) – France – 2.35 MMBoepd – EV $136 billion
- Statoil (STO; com) – Norway – 1.81 MMBoepd – EV $63 billion
- Eni ( E; com) – Italy – 1.69 MMBoepd – EV $74 billion
- ConocoPhillips (COP; com) – USA – 1.59 MMBoepd – EV $71.5 billion
- Surgutneftegas (SGTZY; ru) – Russia – 1.49 MMBoepd – EV $8.5 billion
- CNOOC (CEO; com) – China – 1.36 MMBoepd – EV $397 billion
- China Petroleum & Chemical [Sinopec] (SNP; com) – China – 1.32 MMBoepd – EV $130 billion
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC; com) – India – 1.07 MMBoepd – EV $23 billion
- Anadarko Petroleum (ticker: APC; com) – USA – 840,000 Boepd – EV $43 billion
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ; com) – Canada – 790,000 Boepd – EV $40 billion
- Devon Energy (DVN; com) – USA – 680,000 Boepd – EV $29 billion
- Ecopetrol (EC; com) – Colombia – 670,000 Boepd – EV $33 billion
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY; com) – USA – 650,000 Boepd – EV $57 billion
- Suncor Energy (SU; com) – Canada – 580,000 Boepd – EV $50 billion
- EOG Resources (EOG; com) – USA – 570,000 Boepd – EV $47 billion
- Repsol ( REP; com) – Spain – 560,000 Boepd – EV $33 billion
Most oil well cement slurries will be added to some additives in order to modify cement properties so cement operation can be properly performed. In this article, it will cover some of important cement additives in general terms so that it will help you understand the basic function of each additive.
Accelerators are added to shorten the time for cement to properly set and it will reduce rig time while waiting on the cement (WOC). Accelerators are crucial in shallow depths where bottom temperature is low. In the deeper section, it may not require an accelerator, because the well is hot enough and the thickening time will be normal. The WOC time is generally based on the time required to obtain 500 psi compressive strength of the cement.
Chemical used as accelerators are as follows;
- Calcium chloride 1.5 – 2.0 %
- Sodium chloride 2.0 – 2.5%
- Sea water
If the percentage of these additives is high, they will act as retarders instead of accelerators. Continue reading
Coating the subsea pipeline with concrete is a technique to add downward force for stability of pipelines situated on the seabed. Figure 1 shows that the concrete coated subsea pipe line is being welded. This article will demonstrate how to calculate the thickness of concrete required in order to achieve the required net down force.
Figure 1 – The Concrete Coated Subsea Pipe Line is being Welded
Determine thickness of coated cement based on the given information below. Continue reading
ALGIERS (Reuters) – OPEC agreed on Wednesday to cut its oil output for the first time since 2008, with the group’s leader Saudi Arabia softening its stance on arch-rival Iran amid mounting pressure from low oil prices.
Two sources in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said the group would reduce output to 32.5 million barrels per day from current production of 33.24 million bpd.
How much each country will produce is to be decided at the next formal meeting of OPEC in November, when an invitation to join cuts could also be extended to non-OPEC countries such as Russia, sources said.
OPEC logo is pictured ahead of an informal meeting between members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in Algiers, Algeria September 28, 2016. (REUTERS Photo)
Oil prices LCOc1 jumped more than 5 percent to trade above $48 per barrel as of 1830 GMT after the outcome of OPEC’s informal meeting in Algeria took traders by surprise. Still, many said they wanted to see the details of the deal. Continue reading
We’ve never done hydraulic fracturing jobs so we don’t know if this is true. It is quite difficult to understand the relationship about Earthquake and Fracking. Please let us about your comment down at the comment box below.
Story –> Scientists say that five Texas earthquakes, including one that hit a magnitude of 4.8 on the Richter scale, were all directly caused by fracking. The scientists used a space-based radar that revealed the quakes were triggered by injections of wastewater in both oil and gas drilling.
Five “significant” earthquakes in 2012 and 2013 shook up the Timpson area in East Texas. For the very first time, a group of scientists could track the ground’s movements through radar from satellites. On Thursday, a report in the professional journal Science confirmed that the quakes had occurred unnaturally. Previously, scientists had found this to be likely through a more traditional method.