Many people don’t have any idea about the casing drilling therefore I would like to share the casing drilling operation VDO.
This video demonstrates the overall casing drilling operation. The steps of the casing drilling operation are as follows:
1. Drill down one joint of casing
2. Latch the next casing joint from the V-door
3. Set Hydraulic slips to support casing string
4. Deflate a packer at the special fill up tool
5. Pick up another joint of casing
6. Stab the casing joint into the casing string which is set with the hydraulic slips at the rotary table
7. Lower the special fill up tool and set the packer inside the casing.
8. Make up casing
9. Drill ahead
If you cannot see it, please follow this link http://youtu.be/iYrLrmzCdcc
I wish this VDO would give you better idea on how the casing drilling works.
Note: this casing drilling is the product of Tesco Company.