In our opinion, it is very interesting decision made by Transcoean to sell all jack-up fleets to Norwegian offshore drilling contractor, Borr Drilling. With current oil market situation, Transocan has made decision to stay only deep water drilling.
Please feel free to share your thought about this.
News by Offshore Energy Today
Norwegian offshore drilling contractor Borr Drilling, formerly known as Magni Drilling, is planning to buy 15 jack-up drilling rigs from Swiss-based Transocean for $1.35 billion.
Borr Drilling announced on Monday the signing of a letter of intent with Transocean for the acquisition of 15 high-specification jack-up rigs.
The transaction consists of Transocean’s entire jack-up fleet, including ten rigs already in the fleet and five newbuilds under construction at Keppel FELS Limited, which Transocean has been postponing for a while now. The latest agreement with Keppel entailed the deferral of the five new jack-ups until 2020. Continue reading
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has agreed to cut supply by 1.2 million barrels per day (bpd) to 32.5 million barrels, the head of the organization announced.
Ahead of the official announcement, Bloomberg broke the news, quoting an unnamed delegate in Vienna. Crude prices soared more than 7 percent on the report. As of 16:29 GMT, Brent crude was trading at nearly $50 per barrel, while US crude benchmark WTI was above $48.
Calling the decision “historic,” the organization said the output cut would be in effect from January 1, 2017. The deal was reached after weeks of negotiations, as Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran fought for the very last barrel of production. This is the first coordinated cut from OPEC in eight years. Continue reading
The World’s Largest Public Oil & Gas Companies in 2016 by Forbes. This is so interesting to know that Russian companies are ranked as the first and the second biggest public oil and gas company in 2016.
Forbes’ List of the 25 Biggest Public Oil & Gas Companies
- Gazprom (GAZP, com) – Russia – 8.38 MMBoepd – EV $84.3 billion
- Rosneft (ROSN, com) – Russia – 5.07 MMBoepd – EV $72.5 billion
- ExxonMobil ( XOM, com) – USA – 4.10 MMBoepd – EV $390 billion
- PetroChina ( PTR, com) – China – 4.07 MMBoepd – EV $303 billion
- BP (BP; com) – UK – 3.24 MMBoepd – EV $121 billion
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A – com) – Netherlands – 2.95 MMBoepd – EV $216 billion
- Chevron (CVX; com) – USA – 2.62 MMBoepd – EV $207 billion
- Petrobras (PBR; com) – Brazil – 2.55 MMBoepd – EV $132 billion
- Lukoil (LKOH; com) – Russia – 2.40 MMBoepd – EV $36.2 billion
- Total (TOT; com) – France – 2.35 MMBoepd – EV $136 billion
- Statoil (STO; com) – Norway – 1.81 MMBoepd – EV $63 billion
- Eni ( E; com) – Italy – 1.69 MMBoepd – EV $74 billion
- ConocoPhillips (COP; com) – USA – 1.59 MMBoepd – EV $71.5 billion
- Surgutneftegas (SGTZY; ru) – Russia – 1.49 MMBoepd – EV $8.5 billion
- CNOOC (CEO; com) – China – 1.36 MMBoepd – EV $397 billion
- China Petroleum & Chemical [Sinopec] (SNP; com) – China – 1.32 MMBoepd – EV $130 billion
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC; com) – India – 1.07 MMBoepd – EV $23 billion
- Anadarko Petroleum (ticker: APC; com) – USA – 840,000 Boepd – EV $43 billion
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ; com) – Canada – 790,000 Boepd – EV $40 billion
- Devon Energy (DVN; com) – USA – 680,000 Boepd – EV $29 billion
- Ecopetrol (EC; com) – Colombia – 670,000 Boepd – EV $33 billion
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY; com) – USA – 650,000 Boepd – EV $57 billion
- Suncor Energy (SU; com) – Canada – 580,000 Boepd – EV $50 billion
- EOG Resources (EOG; com) – USA – 570,000 Boepd – EV $47 billion
- Repsol ( REP; com) – Spain – 560,000 Boepd – EV $33 billion
ALGIERS (Reuters) – OPEC agreed on Wednesday to cut its oil output for the first time since 2008, with the group’s leader Saudi Arabia softening its stance on arch-rival Iran amid mounting pressure from low oil prices.
Two sources in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said the group would reduce output to 32.5 million barrels per day from current production of 33.24 million bpd.
How much each country will produce is to be decided at the next formal meeting of OPEC in November, when an invitation to join cuts could also be extended to non-OPEC countries such as Russia, sources said.
OPEC logo is pictured ahead of an informal meeting between members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in Algiers, Algeria September 28, 2016. (REUTERS Photo)
Oil prices LCOc1 jumped more than 5 percent to trade above $48 per barrel as of 1830 GMT after the outcome of OPEC’s informal meeting in Algeria took traders by surprise. Still, many said they wanted to see the details of the deal. Continue reading
We’ve never done hydraulic fracturing jobs so we don’t know if this is true. It is quite difficult to understand the relationship about Earthquake and Fracking. Please let us about your comment down at the comment box below.
Story –> Scientists say that five Texas earthquakes, including one that hit a magnitude of 4.8 on the Richter scale, were all directly caused by fracking. The scientists used a space-based radar that revealed the quakes were triggered by injections of wastewater in both oil and gas drilling.
Five “significant” earthquakes in 2012 and 2013 shook up the Timpson area in East Texas. For the very first time, a group of scientists could track the ground’s movements through radar from satellites. On Thursday, a report in the professional journal Science confirmed that the quakes had occurred unnaturally. Previously, scientists had found this to be likely through a more traditional method.