This is a few second vdo showing how fast the unexpected can be happened on the rig floor while tripping.
What was happened?
These are the possible causes.
- Parted pipe
- Stuck pipe
- Bail failure
- Trapped pressure
- Operator error
- Pipe handing equipment failure
We don’t really know the root cause but what we can learn from this incident.
- Driller must operate within the limit.
- Driller must now the weight before pulling out.
- Personnel must not stay close to the rotary table while pulling out.
- Driller must inform the floor hand not to close to the floor while tripping out.
- Everybody must aware of unexpected situation
- Everybody always asks What-If.
What is your thought about this case?
Please share with us in order to make a safer work place.