A Primer of Oilwell Drilling: A Basic Text of Oil and Gas Drilling
For new persons who don’t have much idea about drilling, A Primer of Oilwell Drilling is a good book to start with. The wording in the book is written in a simple way so people can read and understand details regarding a drilling business.
The book covers every aspect of basic drilling knowledge and what people will learn from this book is listed below:
• History of rotary drilling
• Cable tool and rotary drilling
• Rig types (land and offshore rig)
• People involving in drilling industry
• Basic of geology as how oil and gas occur, hydrocarbon reservoirs, type of wells, etc.
• Drill site – how to select the drill site and how to manage the drill site
• Rig component, power system, hoisting system, etc
• Basic drilling operations such as drilling, tripping, running completion, circulating, cementing, etc
• Formation evaluation – wire line logging, mud logging, drill stem test, coring
• Completion basic – setting production casing, perforating, running tubing, etc
• Safety on the drilling rig.