Shut-in procedures while wireline logging operation are very critical for all drillling crew working on the rig. Learn about two vital cases of the shut-in procedures.
Two cases of shut the well in while logging with wire line are as follows;
1. Shut the well in while wireline logging through open BOP without a lubricator.
2. Shut the well in while wireline logging through open BOP with a lubricator installed in the BOP.
Shut in Well Procedures
The shut in procedure must be developed and practiced for every rig activity such as:
• Shut in while drilling
• Shut in while tripping
• Shut in while running casing, tubing, completion, etc.
• Shut in while performing workover operation
• Shut in while logging
• Shut in while performing drill stem test
What is the main reason why we need to have the shut in procedure and frequently practice it?