Running casing is one of the most critical parts of drilling operation therefore people want a safe and efficient running casing operation. Without proper safeguard in place, the casing run can be fast like this but it was not a successful job.
From this VDO, it seems like the surface casing was run into the well but there was something wrong on the rig floor that resulted in dropping casing into the wellbore. We share this vdo because we would like to promote safe work place and let us learn from it.
What Do We Learn from This Footage?
There was something wrong on the rig floor. Some handling tool might fail to hold the casing string. Crew may unintentionally release slip. Many more things were happened that we don’t know. However, we would like to take an opportunity to discuss how to prevent this situation.
• Review a job procedure with all related personnel
• Review crew positions while working prior to commencing the job
• Encourage crew to stop the job any time
• Emphasize that FAST is not the ultimate goal for the operation. Safe and efficient operation is the main key.
• Inspect all casing handling gears as elevators, slips, dog collars, etc
• Discuss potential hazard for the operation and have open-ended questions asked the crew to ensure that they know their roles and responsibilities
What is Your Thought about This?
Please feel free to share with us.