You must watch this VDO. In this vdo, it shows that a bad situation can be occurred any time.
It took less than half a minute for this catastrophic happened. The derrick man was extremely lucky because he was in derrick instead of monkey board. This is a right working practicing while working in derrick. We are not sure about the details of this incident but we would like to use this event to raise oilfield safety awareness and learn from other safety incidents to make our work place safe.
What Can We Learn from This Situation?
- Always be in a safe zone while working in derrick especially when TDS moving.
- Possible lack of drilling line maintenance or poor quality drilling line
- Drill floor is one of the most dangerous places on the rig. As you can see from this case, there will be big damage on equipment but we are not sure about people life. We hope they will not get hurt or lost their life.
- If you don’t have any jobs on the drill floor, you are recommended to stay away from that area.
- One example of how bad of dropped TDS is Rig 325 Mexico Catastrophic
- Dynamic dropped object is very dangerous. People spend a lot of time on static dropped objects because they are all visible and easy to recognize. However, dynamic dropped objects are happened when there is movement like this case. Therefore, proper maintenance is the key of success to mitigate this issue.
What Are Your Thought About It?
Please feel free to share your valuable comments.