A Primer of Oilwell Drilling: A Basic Text of Oil and Gas Drilling
For new persons who don’t have much idea about drilling, A Primer of Oilwell Drilling is a good book to start with. The wording in the book is written in a simple way so people can read and understand details regarding a drilling business.
The book covers every aspect of basic drilling knowledge and what people will learn from this book is listed below:
• History of rotary drilling
• Cable tool and rotary drilling
• Rig types (land and offshore rig)
• People involving in drilling industry
• Basic of geology as how oil and gas occur, hydrocarbon reservoirs, type of wells, etc.
• Drill site – how to select the drill site and how to manage the drill site
• Rig component, power system, hoisting system, etc
• Basic drilling operations such as drilling, tripping, running completion, circulating, cementing, etc
• Formation evaluation – wire line logging, mud logging, drill stem test, coring
• Completion basic – setting production casing, perforating, running tubing, etc
• Safety on the drilling rig.
In the book, there are several photos and drawing which make the reader easy to get ideas what they are reading. These are sample figures showing in the book. As you can see that, colorful images with detailed descriptions will make people understand the content so easy.
Conclusion: A Primer of Oilwell Drilling is good for junior personnel working on the rig, new hire drilling engineers, new rig member. If you are senior personnel, you can recommend this book to junior crew. The book covers the basic knowledge and everything is clearly explicated. It is worth the money andou can buy it from Amazon.com which offers good price and worldwide delivery. Check out the link below for more information.